Freitag, 1. August 2014

Mandala Flowers






When I recently found this quote from Salavador Dali I knew this would be a wonderful quote (not only) for the month of August (but maybe for a whole year or even my whole life). - The point is, that I recently made some kind of a "half-year-reflection" and found out that I'm far away from all my "terrific" New Year resolutions I had in mind at the beginning of the year. And because it's not the first time I made this experience I suddenly felt guilty somehow. On top of this I can't explain why it always happens to me that I carefully plan doing certain things and then start doing something quite different. Sometimes it's really a mystery seeing how I have been distracted by other things. Every year I plan with a lot of enthusiasm to go straight forward and reach my goals and already one hour later I'm busy doing other things and move in a very different direction ...

Fortunately I also found out that there are four things in my life I can always rely on ... guess what!?

A paper, a pen, a paintbrush and some colors :)


Als ich neulich diesen Spruch oben von Salvador Dali fand, wußte ich sofort, das wird mein Spruch (nicht nur) für den Monat August (sondern vielleicht auch für das restliche Jahr oder vielleicht auch gleich für mein ganzes Leben ...) - Die Sache ist nämlich die, daß ich neulich eine Art "Halbjahres-Reflektion" gemacht und dabei entdeckt habe, daß ich von all meinen großartigen Plänen, die ich Anfang des Jahres gemacht habe, ziemlich weit entfernt bin. Und weil das natürlich nicht das erste Mal ist, daß ich solche Erfahrungen mit mir selber mache, habe ich mich irgendwie schuldig gefühlt. - Obendrein kann ich es mir echt nicht erklären, warum ich immer so sorgfältig irgendwelche Dinge plane und dann gleich darauf anfange, irgendwas ganz anderes zu tun. Ehrlich, manchmal ist mir das solch ein Rätsel, wie man sich immer so derartig von seinen ursprünglichen Plänen ablenken lassen kann. Jedes Jahr plane ich mit großem Enthusiasmus dieses Mal unbeirrt geradeaus zu gehen und meine Ziele zu erreichen und schon eine Stunde später erwische ich mich dabei wie ich eifrig irgendwelche anderen Dinge tue und mich damit in eine vollkommen andere Richtung bewege. 

Glücklicherweise habe ich neulich aber auch heraus gefunden, daß es mindestens vier Dinge in meinem Leben gibt, auf die ich mich immer verlassen kann ... ratet was!?

Ein Stück Papier, ein Stift, ein Pinsel und ein paar Farben :)







I will link it to the Sunday Sketches and see you there!


Stefanie
~*~





Kommentare:

  1. Lovely and creative design! And yes, it's great to always be about to count on our art!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, it's almost as if I'm reading about myself. I'm exactly the same. Pages and pages of plans and lists, and then when my action plan is ready I put it aside and do something else and forget all about it .... Maybe it's because the paints and pencils are calling .... ;-) Love your doodle flowers!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wonderful drawing and I really like the colors you've chosen, they make me happy to see them. & the quote is one of my favorite.

    hope you have a great day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. ...and you use those 4 things very well. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wieder ein wunderbares Bild und es ist schön das du dabei abschalten und entspannen kannst, das ist doch schon viel wert.
    Ich musste grinsen, dein Problem ist auch mein Problem! Ich habe es ja schon geschafft mir vorzunehmen mir nichts vorzunehmen, hat auch nicht geklappt! Aber das Jahr ist ja noch nicht um, vielleicht wird ja das ein oder andere noch was - du siehst ich bin unverbesserlich ;)
    Eine schöne Planfreie Woche wünsche ich dir
    liebe Grüße
    Claudia

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. this is really fun! love the colors!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. How beautiful ~ they sing with wonderful energy and color for SS ~ thanks, ^_^

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. As usual, I love your colorful and flowing artwork. I also love Salvador Dali's quote and your personal reflection about what they mean to the accomplishment of your new year's resolutions. Don't be hard on your self, remember we're all human. Get up, dust yourself off, and move ahead. Blessings!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Klasse diese fröhlichen Farben der Blüten. Das gefällt mir sehr.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Stefanie, I'm just in love with your work! You're always inspiring me to dive in more and try new things. Hope you're having a lovely week! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Your drawings and patterns are so beautiful, and they look as if you enjoyed colouring them too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Stephanie....Thank you so much for your kind comment. When I was at the bookstore today, I looked at mandala coloring books. There is NO way I could ever create one like you have done. Because of all the meds I have to take for my back, my hand are a bit shaky at times. How do you dream them up? Do the designs just pop out of your head? I am totally in awe of you and your wonderful and colorful flowers and mandalas. You are the best. Hugs.....genie

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...